Equipment choices should match the objective adventure. 2 hours on Front Range trails don’t require as much preparation and supplies as a multi-day bikepack on the Colorado Trail.
Everyday Bike Kit
Typically I ride with a hydration pack because I drink a lot of water. I will drain a 3L on a 2 hour ride if I am pushing hard. My favorite pack is the Osprey Talon 22L (amazon) because of its capacity to carry extra layers, tools, water, and a lot of snacks. I pair it with the Osprey Hydraulics 3L Reservoir (amazon) which is the best hydration bladder that I have personally used. It has a slide closure at the top, resulting in a gigantic fill mouth that avoids a lot of the mess when filling the bladder at the kitchen sink. It is also excellent for filling from a mountain stream, provided that you have an inline filter set up between the bladder and the mouthpiece.
- 2021 Canyon Lux CF 8
- 2018 YT Jeffsy Carbon
- 2014 Motobecane Fantom Cross Ti
- 2014 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
- 2012 Trek Superfly AL
Tools and Spares
- Osprey Ultralight Roll Organizer (amazon)
- Crank Brothers Multi-Tool 19 (amazon)
- Dynaplug Micro PRO Pill (amazon)
- Park Tool Tire Boot (amazon)
- Pro Bike Tool CO2 Inflator (amazon)
- Pro Bike Tool 25g CO2 Cartridges (amazon)